The Sentricon Always Active System is an alternative to liquid soil treatments. Not all homes are suited to a chemical termite management system. Sentricon Always Active is a smart alternative towards termite prevention. Unlike liquid chemical treatments, Sentricon is designed to eliminate entire termite colonies. While the effects of liquid treatments diminish over time, Sentricon’s effectiveness improves over time. In addition to being one the most effective termite baiting systems for subterranean termites, Sentricon Always Active is also environmentally friendly.
The Sentricon Always Active system requires quarterly inspections of the bait stations. Sentricon IG (In-Ground) Termiticide Rods have the benefits of both chemical barriers and bait stations, without any of their drawbacks. No mixing, no trenches, no poison. And colony elimination may be achieved before termites are even detected! Sentricon AlwaysActive is active from installation, in stations around the perimeter of a structure, providing continuous protection from day one. All day, every day.
Product Features –
- Powerful termiticide within a high density rod, contained within Sentricon Stations around a structure, providing continuous protection against termites from day one.
- The termiticide is transferred throughout the colony, providing colony elimination, potentially even before termites have been detected.
- Sentricon IG Termiticide Rods have been demonstrated to be highly palatable, especially when aged and gnarly. Sentricon IG Termiticide Rods have been shown to effective for up to five years in Australian conditions.
- Sentricon AlwaysActive provides effective, safe and affordable termite control protection against a common risk to home owners.
How does it work –
- The active ingredient in Sentricon IG Termiticide Rods is hexaflumuron. Hexaflumuron is a chitin synthesis inhibitor, that is, it interferes with the ability to produce chitin. Chitin is a major component in termite exoskeleton. As such, hexaflumuron prevents the termites from completing their moulting process. Termites die if they can’t complete the moult process.
- Transmission to other colony members is very efficient via trophallaxis, so hexaflumuron is distributed throughout the colony, resulting in colony elimination.
- Regardless how much hexaflumuron is consumed, toxicity isn’t evident until the termite moults. As termites don’t die in or near the Sentricon IG Termiticide Rod, the Sentricon IG Termiticide Rod isn’t repellent to unaffected termites and death is not associated with the Sentricon IG Termiticide Rod.
Installation & Monitoring Equipment – Laguna Pest Control are fully qualified and have the right equipment that makes all the difference in achieving a fast and effective job, installing Sentricon AlwaysActive and monitoring/cleaning the stations. Our technicians have completed a course through Dow Agro Sciences and are certified to install Sentricon Always Active.